Do you know how many translation agencies there are in Spain? According to Aneti (Spanish Association of Translation and Interpreting Companies), there are an estimated 720 professional translation companies, in addition to a wealth of freelance translators.
How do you know who the right translation service provider is for your and your business’s needs?
A professional translation company needs to offer quality translation services that go beyond taking content in language A and presenting it in language B. They need to have solid professionals who know each industry, and they also must have access to the latest and most powerful translation tools on the market, which make translating quicker and more efficient.
Computer-assisted translation tools have significantly evolved, to the point where machine translation tools now work reasonably well for specific language combinations.
We clearly need to make the most of the benefits these tools provide, but we must not forget that they are unable to match a professional human translator’s deep understanding of context or their creativity, so it is all about finding the right balance between technology and human work. As we saw in our article entitled Why does machine translation need postediting?, translation tools have significantly evolved, yet not enough to completely do without human work. We have no doubt that as technology evolves, so will translation technology, making a translator’s work increasingly focused on proofreading, problem solving and adding creativity.
This means that, for now, having a solid team of human language professionals is still a must for a professional translation company. Professionals are tasked with fine tuning translations to make them exactly what you would expect.
Here at iDISC we possess over 30 years of experience as a translation agency, and we help our customers enter new markets using the best technology and expert human professionals.
This article showcases all our services and the benefits of hiring us as your professional translation company.
iDISC: your professional translation agency
What is iDISC ?
iDISC was founded in 1987, and is an expert at translating, managing and improving content for companies.
Our teams specialize in a variety of industries and content, and are made up of native professionals from the 40+ languages, target markets and language variants we handle.
We have helped improve the content of hundreds of companies in Europe, the United States, Asia and Latin America.
Thanks to our professionals, our management tools and our certified processes, we can ensure documents, costs, revisions and updates are handled right.
Our translation agency has never stopped growing. We offer high-quality services because we focus on the needs of our customers and learn from them. This is why we keep up to date with all industry developments and always use the most advanced technology.
Agency specialized in technical translations
To say that we are only dedicated to translation would not be accurate. Our company not only provides translation services, it also provides other language services such as transcreation, which is translation customized for marketing and marketing strategies. In addition, we also offer subtitling, voiceover, dubbing and interpreting services, along with content publishing platforms and tools.
Marketing is complex and the jargon used in each industry can not only be very specific, but also change based on market trends.
You need to work to make your content appealing for target markets in order to increase your international sales. For this you need a language service equipped with the knowledge on how to do so.
Here at iDISC we specialize in high-visibility translations, which is crucial for any marketing department.
The fact that we specialize in your industry means you can rest assured none of your content will be lost in translation: your strategy will have the same impact and meaning thanks to our approach. We are not just translators. We are language professionals familiar with the culture behind each language, who also understand how complex the world of marketing is.
We understand your concerns firsthand
We know how important it is for your business that your customers understand you in their own language, but we also understand the problems and concerns you deal with on a daily basis:
- Time wasted: our team is able to translate large amounts with a quick turnaround thanks to our vast network of language professionals and use of tools for reusing content which cut back on translation time and costs, while ensuring consistency between different jobs and formats.
- Having to proofread translations: by working side-by-side from the get-go and investing a little time together, you will have told us about your expectations and preferences, which will help us assign a specialist team just for your company. Our translators and proofreaders follow our ISO-certified double check process, so you can rest assured our translations will meet your requirements.
- Not conveying what you want: we will help you from the very beginning of your business’ internationalization process to understand the message you would like to convey, and we will make sure our translation is accurate when entering target markets. We will ensure the essence of your brand stays true, with nothing lost along the way. We don’t only translate, as we mentioned earlier, we also transcreate and localize.
- Small and quick projects needed: we know you often need next-day translations which also tend to be small. Here at iDISC we have a workflow specifically tailored to small, quick turnaround projects, so we can meet this need without any worries.
We offer high-quality technical translation services tailored to your expectations. We will translate your content into the language of your choice and the format you need, with on-time delivery guaranteed.
You matter to us
We are committed to your success, and to help you achieve this we personally get involved in each project. We believe in direct, fast and close communication: we feel it is the only way to understand your needs and offer you the most suitable solutions. The way we are structured gives us the flexibility and robustness to handle all your requests, from big to small and simple to technically complex, where we model our workflow to fit yours for efficiency and affordability and to achieve a sustainable, long-term partnership.
Our services and expertise span a variety of industries.
We specialize in:
- IT translation and localization
- Manufacturing translations
- Automotive translations
- Electronics and Pro AV translations
- Boating translations
- Marketing translations
- Tourism translations
- Medical and life science translations
- ERP and e-Learning translations
- Website translation
- A translator and proofreader double check texts.
- We employ translation memories to reuse your content and speed up work, and draw up a glossary for each customer to ensure consistent terminology.
- We operate quickly and count on a team of over 2,000 native translators in a wide variety of languages to cover all language combinations.
- Certified quality: we are ISO 17100- certified for translation services , ISO 27001-certified for information security and ISO 9001-certified for service quality, not to mention our Trados and MemoQ seals, which guarantee our competence and professionalism.
- Streamlined workflow using a collaboration platform recording all actions in terms of the date, time, duration, person in charge, cost and quality, and much more.
- We use technology to keep human errors to a minimum while using professionals to check texts to ensure the end product is suitable. Perfect synergy for human-in-the-loop technology with translators and technology forming a perfect duo.
Your peace of mind.
Here at iDISC we work to offer you quality service tailored to your and your audience’s needs. This is why our company is founded on three main pillars:
- Availability: we will be by your side for whatever you need whenever you need it.
- Flexibility: we build project teams which we can upsize or downsize during any stage of the project, with the only goal being the success of your project.
- Reliability: during our over 30 years of operations we have earned the trust of each and every one of our customers.
We hope this article helped you to get to know us a bit better. If you are still wondering why you should hire iDISC as your professional translation company, feel free to get in touch. We will be delighted to help you.