If you are reading this article, you might be in the middle of developing your digital marketing strategy and looking for ways to make it more effective in order to reach more customers.
Without doubt, the digital environment will allow you to target your brand to markets far from your physical territory, so your scope of action will expand exponentially once you incorporate your business to the online world.
And it almost goes without saying, the translation of marketing content has become the cornerstone of international marketing strategies, because it allows for more effective communication with potential customers.
In short, this article will cover how content translation will help you boost your digital marketing strategy.
Let’s go one step at a time.
Content translation: what and how important is it?
Content translation refers to the process of converting content from one language to another—simple, right?
However, this task can include the translation of websites, marketing materials, legal documents, user manuals and much more. A literal translation with zero knowledge of digital marketing tools will not be effective.
To adapt your strategy to different markets, you must take into account many other factors such as the culture and circumstances of the given target.
If you want to learn more about how to expand your brand globally with a differentiated strategy for each market, we recommend you read our article “Glocalization: dominate different markets through translation”.
Advantages of content translation in your digital marketing strategy
Why translate your marketing content? Because it is a very effective way to deliver the following advantages for your company:
- Global reach: content translation allows you to reach a wider and more diverse audience around the world, which undoubtedly increases your brand’s visibility and reach.
- Improved user experience: by providing content in your users’ native language, you improve their experience on your website, which helps increase user confidence, enhances your brand image, and allows you to connect with them and drive their intention to buy.
- Set yourself apart from the competition: content translation helps you stand out from your competitors and set yourself apart in international markets. A user will always be more willing to read something that is in their native language, and will show greater empathy towards messages that are created from an understanding of their culture.
- Increased sales and ROI: it may be simpler than it sounds. By reaching a larger number of target customers, you will gain more sales and increase the ROI of your digital marketing strategy.
- Generate new business opportunities: content translation can help companies identify new business opportunities in international markets and expand their global presence.
Content translation: how to get started
Here are the steps you should follow to set up an international digital marketing strategy:
- Identify your audience: pinpoint who you are targeting and into which languages you need to translate your content.
- Choose a translation service provider: research translation service providers and choose one that has experience in your sector to ensure that they will be familiar with your industry-specific terminology.
- Select the type of multilingual strategy you need: select the content you want to translate, such as website content, marketing materials, social media posts, emails or other relevant content.
There are many options out there for including content translation in your digital marketing strategy. There are many types of language service providers; however, we recommend that you choose a partner that fully understands your industry and project needs, and has systems and methodologies in place that will help you streamline processes and save time and costs.
At iDISC, we are a translation agency specialized in technical translations, marketing translations, SEO translation and multilingual content management. Our translation company has over 30 years of experience in helping other companies expand internationally, using the most advanced translation technology and certified professionals.
Get in touch for more information. We would be delighted to help you.
And if you've come this far, we recommend you read “Everything you need to know about website translation”. You’re sure to love it!
We hope you found this article useful. You will find tons of more interesting content on our blog.