You already know that a determining factor in marketing a product in other countries is to maintain good is to maintain good communication with your company's potential customers and stakeholders. When you do not have a physical location in the target market, headquarters or native salespeople, the way to establish this communication is through a web portal, your company's blog and its social networks.
In this article we will focus precisely on the function of the blog. This is our main tool to attract traffic, that is, to attract a greater number of users who can become customers.
The blog has the objective of achieving a better positioning in the network, which means, to make our company appear among the first search results when users enter terms related to our products or services.
To achieve this purpose, we must establish an SEO and content strategy that supports the actions that we will carry out in the blog.
The most complex part to carry out this strategy is perhaps the preliminary study of the keywords and topics of interest for the specific market in which we want to impact.
Failure to properly apply this study in the translation of the blog into the different languages and cultures we are targeting can detract from the effectiveness of the strategy.
You may be asking yourself some of the following questions:
- why is it so important to connect with the user through their native language?
- what is the first step in translating a blog?
- how can I have a multilingual blog?
- how do I optimize my blog with International SEO in mind?
stay with us because we tell you all about it in this article!
Why translate a blog
A company's blog is a powerful marketing tool to achieve sales. It functions as a platform for direct communication with users that favors customer acquisition and loyalty, so translating it is much more important than is often believed.
Communicating product and service information to potential customers in their own language will positively impact conversion and sales.
On the other hand, the multilingual blog also serves to create a relationship of trust with users, offering them content that is of interest to them, adapted to their culture and language.
A multilingual blog must be accompanied by a good SEO strategy International SEO and content that will make us reach the right people and offer them the content they are looking for, at the right time. In this way we will get our target audience to choose us over our competitors and we will be able to build their loyalty.
Translating a blog opens doors to other markets and is highly profitable in the long run.
Advantages of a multilingual blog
Think about how many people from other countries may be interested in the content you offer in the original language of your blog. Translating a blog helps us to reach them because, logically, the language in which they search is different, although the topic that captivates them is the same.
Positioning your blog in several languages can double or triple the traffic you receive on your website, with the consequent advantages:
- You will have greater reach to reach more people.
- It will increase credibility and trust in your company: a multilingual blog allows you to communicate fluently with potential customers in different markets.
- You will reach more potential customers that fit your target even if they are not from your local market, overcoming physical and language barriers.
- You will be able to position yourself in different countries.
After having seen the advantages of having a multilingual blog, let's talk about what to consider when translating a blog.
what to consider when translating a blog?
When translating a blog you should consider several factors:
- Research the languages you want to target with your multilingual blog to impact the right markets.
- Adapt the strategy taking into account the characteristics of your CMS tool.
- Plan the SEO translation for the keywords.
- Create interesting content that can capture the attention of different audiences and markets.
Other more specific elements that you should consider are the following:
- Headline: in addition to being eye-catching, the headline must contain the main keywords we want to position. When we have the blog in several languages, these words have to be adapted culturally, a literal translation is not enough.
- Metadata and URL: they also help the positioning of the chosen keywords, because visiting a content whose link is in another language will be unreliable for the user and will not provide information. Meta descriptions and other metadata are also very important for SEO and user experience.
- Non-visible text: the texts of images, alternative texts, image headlines or other elements such as Call To Action or CTA, also help to improve positioning and provide information to the user, so they must be translated and adapted to each language.
- Tags: they must be translated into the target language and serve to group related content. This makes it easier to navigate through the multimedia contents of the blog.
- Interlinking: an interlinking strategy consists of introducing in your different pages and blogs links to other related pages of your site. This encourages the user to visit more pages. For this strategy to work on your multilingual blog, links must be translated or matched to the page in the appropriate language version.
- Keywords: as we have already seen, they are the basis of the whole SEO translation strategy. It is necessary to look for the most convenient keywords to position our blog in each of the markets and languages.
Translating a blog: where to start
There are a variety of plugins and tools that can help you translate a blog or web page. However, the ideal is to have previous knowledge in order to use them in the right way and not to damage the positioning of our multilingual blog. In addition, some solutions may not meet your project objectives.
Also, when translating a blog, we must think beforehand about the type of CMS we want to use. A CMS is an online content management system software that allows you to host a website or blog and manage the content easily and quickly. Two of the most popular CMSs are Wordpress and HubSpot.
As you can see, there are many aspects that must be taken into account when translating a blog, which is why iDISC, a professional translation agency, is at your disposal. We are experts in website translation and localization.
We hope you found this article useful. You will find tons of more interesting content on our blog.